The dappled morning sunlight casts a serene glow over the chapel and nearby homes. The stillness in the air is broken by the sounds of birds at the birdfeeder built by the children who attend the Sunday School. A melodic psalm can be heard from inside the chapel as the nearby bunnies enjoy a munch in the growing grass.
Thomas Kinkade loved to capture small town life by putting paint to canvas. Even as a young man, he would come to believe in an idyllic world where love, hope and family came first. Thom always carried a small notebook, and a stub of a pencil, that he would use to sketch the scenes he came across. Over time, these travels and sketches would be the inspiration that would become the masterworks his collectors love. Inspired by a Thomas Kinkade original unfinished oil painting, Serenity Chapel by Thomas Kinkade Studios evokes all the timeless elements he loved to reflect in his paintings.
- Serenity Chapel is the ninth release in the Chapels of Nature series, which portrays inspirational places of prayer set in the Great Outdoors, highlighting the abundance of God’s creation.
- Can you see the community of birds congregated at the birdfeeder?
- The beauty of God’s creation is seen in the bountiful flowers leading up to and surrounding the chapel, along with the stunning colors of the trees’ leaves.
- A gazebo can be found in the background of this painting, an element of community often included in several of Thomas Kinkade’s masterworks.
- Can you find the small bunnies in the grass?
- The other paintings in this breathtaking series include Willow Wood Chapel, Sunday Morning Chapel and Valley Chapel by Thomas Kinkade Studios and Sunrise Chapel, Streams of Living Waters, The Forest Chapel, The Mountain Chapel, and Dogwood Chapel by Thomas Kinkade.
Estate Edition Sketch
Here is the E/E sketch for Serenity Chapel.
- Textured Brushstroke Process
- Additional Highlighting
- Small Edition Size
- Authorized Signature In Silver
- Unique Hand-Drawn Sketch On The Back Of The Canvas