The darkening of the sky highlights the continuing battle between Doctor Strange and the Dark Despot, Dormammu. Scarlet Witch, the mistress of “Hex Power”, Rintrah and Wong have entered the skirmish to join forces with Doctor Strange against the immortal energy of Dormammu. Who will ultimately win this day’s battle? Thomas Kinkade Studios proudly presents our new Marvel Comics collaboration, Doctor Strange vs. The Dark Despot.
- Doctor Strange vs. The Dark Despot is the first painting by Thomas Kinkade Studios to portray the Sorcerer Supreme and his evil nemesis Dormammu.
- The Scarlet Witch battles The Dark Despot in this painting, and has been featured in other Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Art, including The Avengers and Iron Man.
- Benedict Wong, Doctor Strange’s valet and loyal sidekick, was first introduced in the comic Strange Tales #110 in July 1963.
- Rintrah, the minotaur, is a mystic from another dimension and an apprentice at Kamar-Taj, the home and training grounds to the Masters of Mystic Arts.
- Although she is Dormammu’s niece, the sorceress Clea is a disciple and wife of Doctor Strange. With her incredible powers, she battles alongside the Sorcerer Supreme to defeat her evil uncle.
- The setting of Doctor Strange vs. The Dark Despot was inspired by a classic Thomas Kinkade scene, which featured a waterfall, a misty forest, and a cottage. The artists of the Thomas Kinkade Studios transformed this peaceful scene into a dark landscape with sharp rocks and a crumbling castle that is aflame. Can you see the waterfall, mist, and forest in the background?
Estate Edition Sketch
Here is the E/E sketch for Doctor Strange vs. The Dark Despot.
- Textured Brushstroke Process
- Additional Highlighting
- Small Edition Size
- Authorized Signature In Silver
- Unique Hand-Drawn Sketch On The Back Of The Canvas
Copyright: © 2022 MARVEL © The Thomas Kinkade Estate. All Rights Reserved.
Title Doctor Strange vs. The Dark Despot
Published July 2022
Limited Edition Canvas Availability
12 x 18
18 x 27
24 x 36Download Full Price Grid Pricing & Availability