The joy of a holiday and its celebration can take many forms. Easter, for example, is a time of the Passion Play and reverence for the hoped-for reclamation of the human spirit. But it is also a time of good-natured fun and child-like belief in magic. In my most recent work, “Easter Sunday,” I try and capture both cultural traditions. A small country church sits in a meadow where a community of the faithful has just let out; a morning of song and sermon well spent. Colored eggs are hidden for the children to hunt as the Easter Bunny scampers away. Have fun trying to find all 208 colored eggs I have hid in the landscape for your enjoyment.
There are many Easter traditions, both sacred and silly. My hope is that you rejoice in all of them. And, as always, thank you for sharing my adventure in art!
- Easter Sunday is Zac Kinkade’s first Limited Edition Art release in the Holiday Traditions collection, a series that portrays treasured seasonal family celebrations.
- Two chocolate Easter bunnies, a favorite holiday treat, are also hidden in this painting.
- Zac included an adorable Angora rabbit in Easter Sunday. Can you find this fluffy cutie?
- Because Easter Egg hunts are an important part of this special holiday, Zac painted 208 eggs in this artwork. Can you find them all?
- Zac’s beloved pug, Poe, makes another fun appearance in one of his Limited Edition works of art. Can you spot him in Easter Sunday?